11:00am - 2:00pm
Birkenhead School is one of the country’s leading independent schools and is located in Oxton, Wirral.
The Open Day is for prospective parents and pupils looking at Senior School entry (11+). If you are considering secondary school options for your child you are encouraged to visit and discover what more an independent education can offer.
What sets Birkenhead School apart?
- The school is a member of the prestigious HMC which recognises the world’s leading independent schools and is ranked 84th in the Sunday Times Top Independent Schools in the UK.
- As an independent school if offers a curriculum and learning experience that goes over and beyond that offered by the National Curriculum.
- Research from the HMC shows that attending an independent school adds the equivalent of two additional years of schooling by age 16.
- Smaller class sizes allow teachers to know each child individually and offer a greater level of bespoke teaching than may be possible in larger settings.
- The school is the only school in Wirral to offer an academically selective co-educational learning environment where boys and girls learn together in a mutually respectful environment.
- The school offers a caring and close-knit school community where children can learn, develop and grow from 3 months in Nursery to 18 years in Sixth Form.
- A wide range of opportunities are offered throughout the school year both inside and outside the classroom. There is a rich and varied co-curricular programme, encompassing Sports, Music and Creative Arts, to broaden pupils’ horizons and allow them to enjoy passions and interests whilst ensuring healthy mental outlook and positive well-being. There are also life-enriching opportunities for pupils across the curriculum. Recently pupils have presented work to Tim Peake, UK Astronaut, were visited by Sir Tony Robinson, and have taken part in sports tours and overseas trips to places such as Barbados, NASA in Houston and trekking in Nepal.