Hoylake Golf Course will reopen to the public from Friday 19 June.
Tee times will be charged at normal rates and will be available to anyone wanting to play on a council course on a pre-pay and play basis only. Currently, Invigor8 leisure memberships remain frozen.
A series of guidelines are in place to protect both players and staff. They include:
- Tee times are limited to a maximum of four players. Players from separate households must remain 2m apart
- Tee times will be available Monday – Sunday, 9am – 6.30pm
- Courses will remain closed outside of these hours for customers wanting to start their game
- Golfers must not come to the course without booking a tee time online
- Junior members must be accompanied by an adult and booked on the telephone
- Toilet and café facilities remain closed
- The guidelines can be downloaded in full on the Wirral Leisure website and should be read thoroughly by players before arriving
Councillor Julie McManus, Wirral’s Cabinet Member for Community Services, said: “I’m really pleased that all municipal golf courses in Wirral will be open to the public again.
“Staff have worked hard behind the scenes to make sure everything is in place for a safe return, and I would like to thank them for that.
“Furthermore, we can only reopen Brackenwood and Hoylake because players have followed the safety guidelines at the Warren and Arrowe Park courses over the last two weeks.
“I would just reiterate that players must remain vigilant and continue to follow the safety guidelines which will help us to keep courses open.”